Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sherry and Pepper have a party


Pepper and Sherry are having a party. Things look a bit strained, though, and Sunny and Mandy don't seem very comfortable ..... Are Pepper and Sherry arguing?

Or are they just talking to some of the girls in the other rooms?



Lacey is feeling a bit off colour, and is staying in bed.



Melly and Sandy have come to keep her company, but Sandy's idea of keeping her company was to play the radio very loudly. Melly turns it down, and tells Sandy off for being selfish and not thinking of Lacey ...



Heather and Libby are in the kitchen finding some food ... Perhaps some drinks would help make the party livelier, too?


Michaela is in the bathroom, despairing at the state of her hair.


"Why don't you get it cut short, like mine?" asks Susie. "It will be much easier to take care of then."


The girls are Dolly Darlings by Palitoy. Sunny and Susie have their original names, but who would want to be called Lounge Suit or Powder Puff?




I have just discovered that Dolly Darlings had their own playrooms - a bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchen. However, I don't have them - the rooms my Dolly Darlings live in are by Blue-Box.



They don't have a date on them, as some Blue-box dolls houses do. Many of the furnishings, and the colours, look quite retro ...




But that looks like a laptop computer in the bedroom, so they must be considerably later than the 1970s!


Never mind, I think the rooms suit the 1960s Dolly Darlings very well - who knows what they make of the laptop! I added some extra furniture - Fisher Price bunk beds and kitchen table and chairs, Linda from Hong Kong lounge chairs.


The buttons you can see at the front of each room turn on battery-powered lights and sounds in each room. Sometime I'll take videos of them, so you can get the full effect!




PS. I have turned on the Comment Verification again. I got tired of getting comments from spammers who said things like, "Great post, and by the way have you seen my website, house painting in Missouri?" I hope it won't be too hard for you to work out those pesky numbers - why are they such poor images here, when some other websites have quite clear verification numbers?!

14 comments:

  1. How very charming!
    The rooms are perfect for the dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yukari! I had the rooms first, and when I saw the dolls, I thought they would be perfect together :-)

      Delete
  2. The rooms are great and suit the Dolly's well. Do they connect together? Having lights is always a great feature. I remember when I was little having a kitchen set that had a vacuum and washing machine that had lights and sounds. ( I thought it was the best thing ever!) It even had taps that worked. I probably shouldn't have gave it away. It would be perfect for Barbie sized scenes. IndyPoppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Indy Poppy! Yes, the rooms do connect together, although I have them sitting on the stairs, so the living room is on top of the kitchen on one step, and on the step above, the bedroom is on top of the bathroom. There are connecting door spaces between the living room and the bathroom in this arrangement - if they were level, the two pairs of rooms would connect.
      I didn't have anything like this when I was little, so it's fun to play with it now!

      Delete
  3. Hello Rebecca,
    These are just great! I love the dolls and the room sets are great. Real mini treasures.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac, Thank you! I love the dolls too, and I was totally smitten by their outfits! There's a couple of others I'd like to have too. The details in the rooms are great too - my favourite of the Blue-Box designs so far!

      Delete
  4. Your names for the Darlings are much better than the originals, and they do look great in those rooms.
    Is that a laptop, or is it a laptop-sized keyboard which is part of a bigger computer? Not that a home computer would fit with the decade that the design seems to be going for, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure they didn't expect that kids playing with the dolls would call them Sleigh Ride and Lemon Drop, Hipster or Slick Set! I got Sherry and Pepper first, then I wanted to call the other Darlings names that fitted with those, and with their outfits ...
      Hmmm, I think it's a laptop - and there are speakers on either side, but is the big thing they're set in just a cupboard, or something else? Maybe I'll find it in a catalogue one day :-)

      Delete
  5. Looks like you are the one having the party. What fun! xoxo CM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecca, Diane from Aberdeen here and a new follower of your blog. Going to spend a while reading through everything now :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, Welcome! Thanks for following my blog. I spent a couple of days in Aberdeen 10 years ago, researching family history in the university special collections library! I'll enjoy seeing your collection on your blog as well as on DHP&P :-)

      Delete
  7. Hi Rebecca: I just found three Dolly Darlings at a Thrift Store this past February. Mine are made by Hasbro and come from the Pink Boxed Series (I think). The are Teatime, Go Team Go and School Days. I had never seen them before but I think they're really cute. Nice to see someone has them. I hope I can find more, Linda S. from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, how wonderful! I really like Go Team Go (though not her name, poor thing!) - I've been looking at a couple on ebay. I think one of mine is a version of School Days, too. I hope you can find more, too - online sellers don't always know what they are, so now you know what they look like, you can look out for them. Good luck!

      Delete